Friday, August 15, 2008

A Night in the Forest

One night quite mysterious and dreary.
While I was lost and followed light,
The moon was rising wearily,
It was within my sight.

The owls were moaning slowly,
Like they do before the rain,
It was something like small groaning,
Some may have been in pain.

My friends took one path,
And I took another.
Somehow, I escaped their wrath
While searching for my brother.

I stood very still and listened,
The light seemed very near.
The tree limbs softly glistened,
There was not a sound to hear.

The pot of gold was waiting
My friends said it was theirs.
I was tired of their hating,
So I walked among the bears.

The owls and bears and other creatures
Looked at me and were amazed.
I could dimply see their features
Though their eyes were ablaze.

I walked among the rocks and leaves
While glancing left and right.
Hoping deeply as one believes
I would be rescued from my plight.

The atmosphere was ghostly,
A lantern moved real slow.
I saw one eye more closely,
It was someone I might know.

A friendly eye, two of them, in fact,
They looked just like my own,
Reminding me of our private pact,
To rescue the other when grown.

I followed, he led the way,
He turned and smiled at me.
His smile and strength welcomed a new day.
Suddenly I could see.

No comments: