Friday, August 15, 2008

Career Changes

I once taught school and really liked helping students develop an ability to make their own decisions. Sometimes there was a difference of opinion in the way their parents might want them to learn, partly because sometimes parents who did not speak English insisted upon the students speaking their own native language. I left that occupation to study drama, paint, write poetry and plays and I enjoyed acting in some plays in Beverly Hills and San Francisco.

The corporate world was fascinating for awhile and I managed to survive the claustrophobic feeling of drafting specs instead of creating and so those years were void of significant creative activity.

When I hear of instances like the current case in Colorado where the geography teacher proceeded to compare our president with Hitler and the School Board allowed the teacher to return to work because of his tenure, I realize the educational process is becoming rather corrupt, and really don't know what the possible answer is to improve the situation.

Real estate is well-paying but I believe I would not like negotiating on prices.
I once thought it would be a good idea to dress up a home by placing my paintings there because artwork sometimes enhances the appearance and helps to increase the possibility of sales, but often the prospective buyer wants the artist to paint a picture in another color to match the color he intends to paint the walls or paint a specific portrait, and I prefer to paint what I like to paint.

No comments: