Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Where Do I Work?

I was raised on a farm, woke up at dawn.
There was no alarm, those days are long gone.

I then moved to town, afraid of the traffic.
People all around,theaters were fantastic.

I worked for a designer who created great clothes.
None were there finer, though I couldn't afford those.

So I sewed my own, like my mother taught me,
A blue satin gown, pretty as could be.

I placed it on the rac; there was nowhere to go
Someone brought it back, the label didn't show.

I travelled on trains, on buses, too,
Through snow and rain, deciding what to do.

Attended school here, worked sometimes frantic,
Often studied there, music was fantastic.

I think it is great to work where I like
And sometimes create or ride on my bike.

Where do I work? What do you see?
Every day is new, I like to just be.

No comments: