Friday, July 18, 2008

The Stranger on the Train

I looked for an answer, when I quit crying,
About why you left me, and instead of dying,
I met a stranger on the way to Alaska,
Where I was going
Since I had not been there before.
I'm feeling sad, I said, I've been betrayed.
First time it happened?, he inquired
No, I replied.
Then I stayed by his side for miles
Thinking of when I'd been blue before,
And I'd gotten over it
.When I arrived in Alaska, I remembered his words,
The stranger who detrained in Seattle.
I turned around and thought, instead of crying,
That no matter how sad I'd been yesterday,
I'd been given a gift along the way.
I thought I would find my answer in Alaska
And I found it along the way.
I returned home thinking,
Instead of crying,
I'm really over you.
Thanks to the stranger on the train.

No comments: