Tuesday, July 22, 2008

To X or not to X?

I admire someone who says good things about their ex after the breakup, not to overdo it so it becomes reverse, like, "Oh, yeah, then why did you break up?", but if someone insists upon prying, just a few kind comments with a smile will do. Some insist about the details, I don't know why, just like some say rude things to a couple who have been married for quite awhile like "When are you going to have a baby?"
There appears to be is a fascination about celebrities because we identify with their on-screen portrayals and want to know if that is what they are really like in private life. For some reason, screen stars are role models so whatever they do, like take a stand on various social issues, their views become topics for conversation among the coffee clatchers. Like if Michael Jackson wasn't in the public eye, who would have cared if held his child over a balcony or whatever else he is accused of doing, not to mention the various entertainers making speeches about this politician or that one.
If Joe Smith said something like a few I could name, it would not be noticed, but let some screen star say they are going to leave the country if that one or this one is elected and it becomes front page news. I could name a famous singer who I don't listen to anymore because of her bla bla attitude about power politicians and she can't even spell right on the internet. One of my bosses said one of the reasons he hired me is because I didn't "bad-mouth" my former exployer, even though I had plenty of reasons, so that is my soap box for today.

1 comment:

jazain said...

yeah but i like that soapbox!! i dont think that people should waste energy badmouthing their exes. so it didnt work out. but you married them for some good reason in the beginning, right? plus there's two sides to every story.